Memorial Hall was constructed in 1915 and given to the Town of Pine Plains in memory of John McIntyre, his wife, Elizabeth Hauver and their children by their philanthropic granddaughter, Mary Ellen Lapham Saunders who grew up in Pine Plains with her grandparents.
The building has fallen into disrepair since its last use over a decade ago, and requires a major overhaul and renovation in order to be re-established as the heart and soul of the town center of Pine Plains. Work is required to remediate physical wear and tear that the building has suffered since its construction, provide proper conditioning of the space, and to meet current building code, egress, and fire safety requirements that are standard for a modern assembly hall.
Plans for Pine Plains Memorial Hall’s restoration are underway. We are in the second year of a five-year planning, capital fundraising, and construction project that will support the economic and cultural rebirth of the Memorial Hall in this wonderful agrarian town, nestled between the Catskills and the Berkshires at the foot of Stissing Mountain in Dutchess County. The Restoration will maintain the original rural character of the building and its elegant open auditorium space, while adding equipment and modernization to support arts programs, film, and music performances.
SIGN UP FOR MORE INFORMATION
Our Mission is to foster community and economic development in Northern Dutchess County and surrounding areas through the transformation of Pine Plains Memorial Hall into a regional center for community-based civic and social programs, agriculture and arts education, cultural performances, and as an incubator for local charitable organizations and entrepreneurs.
The goal of the Memorial Hall Project is to transform Pine Plains into a thriving tourist destination; to generate local economic revitalization; and to create a healthier and more vibrant community.
Create Jobs and Growth:
The project is being developed to infuse revenue into the local economy in goods and services, and create local jobs.
Improve Civic Life:
The Memorial Hall will provide a venue for gatherings, civic, arts and cultural events for the local community.
Support Local Farms:
We are building programs to offer agricultural education opportunities to local farmers and potential farmers, youth and local residents.
Board and Advisors
Board of Directors:
- John P. Banning, Jr., President
- Kate Osofsky, Treasurer
- Hollis Gonerka Bart, Secretary
- Nicolas Arauz
- Brian Coons
- Doug Larson
- Claire Copley
- Eileen Yajure
- Darrah Cloud, Ex Officio
- Murphy Birdsall
- David Conte
- Alan Eisenberg
- Jim Jackson
- Linda Marston-Reid
- Joan Osofsky
- Keith Reamer
- Diana Woolis
- Eugenia Zukerman
News and Articles
- Rural Intelligence: 10 Reasons to Love Pine Plains
- Rural Intelligence: Pine Plains Memorial Hall Groundbreaking Community Day
- Millerton News: Memorial Hall celebration makes a lasting impression
- Millerton News: Memorial Hall Renovation Details
- Millerton News: Memorial Hall Renovation Project to Gather Steam in 2017
- Millerton News: Site Plan Approved, $10K Matching Grant Offered
- Poughkeepsie Journal: Memorial Hall can once again be a Community Space
- The Country and Abroad: Pine Plains White elephant Gets a Face Lift & a Promising Future
- Northern Dutchess News: Forgotten No Longer: Rebirth of Pine Plains
- The Millbrook Independent: Memorial Hall Takes Shape
- Photos for Publishing Pine Plains Memorial Hall Flickr Account
- Robin Hood Radio Community Day Interview:
- Robin Hood Radio Drinks and a Tour Interview:
For Volunteering opportunities, contact us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to volunteering and attending our events, we welcome contributions from our community in any amount. Your tax-deductable contributions will help us reach our goal of giving this building a new life and a leading role in our civic life and our community. You can give donations using the paypal link below, which accepts all major credit cards. Or feel free to send a contribution by check or money order to our mailing address: P.O. Box 1024, Pine Plains, NY 12567
For larger contributions or corporate matching, please reach out to us at (518) 771-3340 or by email to email@example.com
Sign Up For Our Newsletter