The Stissing Center is announcing its fall CONSTRUCTION CONCERT SERIES. The series will include a free open house dance party, a free screening of the silent film, Phantom of the Opera, with a live performance of the original score, a concert from the Bard Conservatory, a performance by Molsky’s Mountain Drifters and an evening of drama by the Stissing Theatre Guild. And, yes, a benefit concert with Wynton Marsalis.
The line-up for the fall 2019 Construction Concert Series includes:
- August 31 – Free “Surprise Party”: a door-opening celebration with food, fun, and dancing. All are welcome!
- September 7 – *Premiere Benefit Concert event with Wynton Marsalis and his quartet
- September 21 – Free screening of “Phantom of the Opera”: the silent film classic with a live theatre organ performance of the original score
- October 5 – Bard Conservatory of Music Concert – Percussion and Brass ensembles are scheduled
- October 18 – Molsky’s Mountain Drifters – “It is no exaggeration to say that Bruce Molsky is one of the greatest American fiddlers of all time. His playing is mesmerizing and transporting, and best experienced live” – WBUR (Boston NPR)
- November 1 & 2 – Stissing Theatre Guild – an evening of drama
Tickets will all be under $20 (*except for the benefit concert with Wynton Marsalis) and go on sale for all events at 11 a.m. on June 20 for The Stissing Center members, and 11 a.m. on June 22 for the public. Tickets will be available online at The Stissing Center’s website: www.TheStissingCenter.org or by calling their office at 518-771-3340.